Tuesday, February 3, 2009

New Start

1/17/09

Today was a great day in the studio!  First and foremost, I now have adequate lighting!  I am SOOOOO happy!  Alex put up the track lighting that I bought a few months ago.  Creating a studio is akin to creating a painting.... progress is sometimes slow.  
I was so excited to have the lights up that I promptly started a new painting that had been gestating in me for months.  I dove into it and had a very nice "beginning" stage set for the painting in just a few hours.  I sometimes think this is my favorite stage of a painting.  It usually goes quickly and I get a good idea  if the composition, values, and pallet are going to work or not.  This is the time to re-work any of these elements, before I push it too far.  I gave myself a "thumbs up" on this one.  
The painting is a scene from my sister's guest room window looking down onto her neighbor's home. It caught my eye when I last visited her, so I snapped a few photos of it, knowing then that I wanted to try to capture it on canvas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment